Friday, January 5, 2018

What's for Dinner #2

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the new dinner series! It's always fun to peek inside other people's lives and I'm happy to share our menu. If you have a favorite go-to dinner, please share with me so I can try it too!

I normally shop on Fridays, so this week's post is for Sunday-Thursday.

Sunday
Easy packaged mashed potatoes

This recipe isn't hard, but makes me feel like a successful cook! I totally recommend it for a Sunday dinner when you are home for a long cooking meal.

Monday
bread

Abby is over soup and rolls her eyes when I tell her it is for dinner and yet she loves baked potatoes so I'm going to win her over with this one. I haven't made it before, but the list of ingredients sold me!

Tuesday
Pork Tenderloin with Hollandaise sauce (just the Knorr packet)
Trader Joe's frozen gnocchi in marinara
Green Beans

I made this tenderloin a couple of times per month. I make it for dinner guests, parties, meals for others and even had it for Christmas Eve this year. It is easy and you can't go wrong with it!

1 pork tenderloin (I buy the 4 pack at Sam's and then baggie them individually in the freezer)
Oregano
Basil
Morton's Seasoning Blend (yellow bottle- mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder)

Cover pork tenderloin in three spices. Really coat it, sprinkle it all over. Bake on cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes at 350. We usually slice it thick around 20 minutes and let it finish up. Serve with Knorr packet of hollandiase sauce. 


Wednesday
Can of Charro Beans
Frozen Spanish Rice

I made these enchiladas a few weeks ago and froze half of them, so I get to just pop them in the oven this time around. I freeze dishes all the time. I don't like leftovers as in eat the same meal twice after it sits in the fridge, but I like making a 13x9 dish in two 8x8 dishes and cooking one and freezing the other.

Thursday
It is brinner night! I love breakfast but we don't get to do it in the mornings often, so tonight it is!
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon

I like dishes like this because you can reheat it for breakfast on Saturday morning!