Friday, February 7, 2014

Quick and Easy Lasagna

I have never been a big lasagna girl. It is so much work. I'd rather make spaghetti in less time! But I found this recipe and gave it a try. And, then I made it again and shared it with a friend.


Here is her response. A ringing endorsement!


I love making it as two 8x8 pans. It just works well for my family. My picky no-casserole child even ate this up! We all eat one pan and then have another one in the freezer for busy nights or to share with a friend. I paired this with a pan of lasagna with a bag of fresh green beans and salted chocolate chip cookies for Carrie. 

See Lizzie Jane Baby for the recipe here. I love her shortcut idea- use a jar of marinara sauce and then add a few extra spices to it to make it taste homemade. I used my Trader Joe's Marinara and it truly was delicious! 

Happy Cooking!