Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CIlantro and Radishes

 I spoke to my MOPS group a few months ago about Meal Planning and Grocery Budgeting and had the best time looking for ideas we could use online. When I saw an easy way to keep cilantro fresher longer, I had to try it. Cilantro is a Mexican food staple in Texas, so I buy it often. It is only 28 cents a handful which is nice, but it never last long. I feel like I am always throwing it out and buying fresh.

This cilantro has been in my refrigerator for 5 weeks! It is still standing tall, bright green and totally edible! Amazing, huh?


When you buy the cilantro, wash it off, place it in a glass jar with water and add a shower cap or open baggie on top. I haven't even changed the water. You can see the stragglers outside the cap and dried up, but the cap is key and those inside are fresh!


And, I saw this in the store the other day. I don't know about you, but I don't want my hands or any part of me to smell like a radish. Ewww.