Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wendy's Copycat Chili

This is one of those recipes I felt certain I had blogged before, but couldn't find it. It is my favorite chili and with it being chili season, I thought you might need it too!

It is easy, simmers on the oven, and is full of chunky goodness! I love Wendy's chili year round and this is a great copycat version of that chili.


Wendy's Copycat Chili

2# fresh ground beef
1 qt. tomato juice
29 oz. tomato puree
15 oz. red beans, drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 c. diced celery
1/4 c. diced green pepper
1/4 c. chili powder (I use a little less, more like 2T)
1 t. cumin
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. sugar
1/8 t. cayenne pepper

Brown meat and drain. Put the drained beef and all other ingredients into a 6 quart pot. Stir. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 60-90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Enjoy!

I always make this with my favorite cornbread and we can eat it for 3 meals. It freezes well, too!