Thursday, April 4, 2013

Linky and Recipes from Your Little Birdie Facebook Friends

The other night was my dreaded pre-grocery store night where I have to decide what we are going to eat for the next two weeks? Decisions had to be made and I was needing ideas. I shared a plea on Your Little Birdie's Facebook page asking for recipes and Jessica and Sarah gave me two good ones!

Big Easy Shrimp from Food.com
I will be honest, I don't like shrimp unless it is fried. So, I went out on a limb with this one. My husband took the first bite, declared it to be good and "really shrimpy" and I opted for cereal for dinner. He thought this tasted fabulous, so if you like seafood or specifically shrimp, make this! We served it over rice and it made the whole house smell wonderful. Lots of different flavors in here. Marcus' only recommendation for next time, "more bacon please"


Sarah at Life with Leahy sent me to her site where I found a recipe from Semi-Homemade Mom for Crockpot Tortellini Lasagna

This was super easy and very tasty. With a meat sauce filled with ricotta cheese and fresh spinach, you have color, texture and lots of flavor in the sauce that the frozen cheese tortellini cooks in. It made a big batch of leftovers which I love!


Add your favorite recipe here.... we all need help the night before the grocery store!