Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Southwestern Ranch Dip

I stumbled upon a really great dip making dinner last week. I was making a chopped chicken salad and the dressing made more than I needed. So, we saved it in a mason jar and have used it as a dip with fresh vegetables and my husband spread it on shrimp tacos. Easy and yummy!


Southwestern Ranch Dip, courtesy of Greens and Chocolate
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used light with olive oil)
2/3 cup Greek Yogurt ( I actually used one with honey since I had it)
1 T ranch seasoning
1 T taco seasoning

Mix all ingredients. Chill and enjoy!


Now, if you want to be a rockstar like I was, you can totally make your own ranch and taco seasoning. I had no idea how easy this was and you likely have everything you need in your own spice cabinet.

Taco Seasoning, courtesy of $5 Dinners
Mix equal parts of chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and onion powder. I did 1T of each. Add in 1/4-1/2 part crushed red pepper. Store in an airtight container and use for dips, tacos, chili, etc. 

Ranch Seasoning, courtesy of $5 Dinners
2T dried parsely
1 t dired dill
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t black pepper

Mix all ingredients and use in your dip or to make real ranch dressing click here.

Enjoy!