Monday, July 16, 2012

Paulina's Cooking School

If you spend much time on the blog, you know that I love to bake. I am not the healthiest cook- I like casseroles, desserts, breads and sweet tea. But, I recognize as I get older that doesn't provide for my body like it once did. Every blog, Pinterest, and online cookbook is full of the yummy stuff, but I need the basics when it comes to vegetables. What is kale? What does it even look like much less how do you cook it?


Enter my friend Paulina who once posted "low fat equals chemical sh*t storm". She is a working wife who still finds time to eat well. I asked her if she would be willing to go veggie shopping with me and then teach me how to cook it all. She was, so we did!


We spent about 4 hours last Saturday at the Farmer's Market, Whole Foods, and her kitchen. She let me pick our veggies and she showed me what to do with them. It was fun, healthy, and educational.

Her and her husband are foodies. I love this huge print in their dining room!

So, for the next few weeks I am going to share with you. We'll talk kale, okra, squash, bell peppers, peaches, figs and more! I wouldn't say the blog is on a diet, but she is going to be healthy for the next few weeks. I hope you'll join me for Paulina's Cooking School.