Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My New Bathroom...

We have lived in our house for 4 years and I finally love our master bathroom! It has the perfect combination of relaxing neutrals and bright colors to suit me! Here is the before of my bathroom- blue and brown with some bird accents.

Now, I have a more tuscan feel with rusts, golds and some greens. It is so much more me! 

I tried really hard to limit my spending in this room. I had to buy fabric and towels, but reused many accessories from other places. Only the towels are new in this corner.


Rather than keep all my everyday products in the plastic container they were in, I put them in a brown basket. It is the perfect size and I honestly wasn't ever responsible enough to put my things away! The basket works much better. I found the white containers at Target. They hold cotton balls and q-tips and blend right in. I love the crackle finish and the matte brown tops. The green and red bowls I already owned- they are from Anthropologie.


My husbands little corner of the counter has the q-tips and a little birdie.


This wall really shows the play on red and blue in the room. The print above the towel is also from Target, but I've had it a few years. You can also see the new green glass soap dispensers I found at Target. (Target isn't paying me to tell you about my bathroom, but they should!)


The new fabric valence really inspired the colors in this room. I first saw it on Big Mama's blog. Holly Mathis recommended it to her from her living room. I found it on fabric.com and my Mom took my one yard purchase and made a long valence for me. 


 The art below the window was a Pinterest find and the funky frames were at Hobby Lobby. I bought them shortly after the fabric hoping it would all come together. The frames were only $10 each (they were 50% off) and I think that is a great deal! 

The final touch on the bathroom was converting the frosted glass covers to seeded glass like I did in the other bathrooms in our house.  It makes the bathroom much brighter and gives it a more custom feel.


Thanks for visiting my new bathroom- I hope you love it, too!