Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

Abby and I made homemade wreaths for my Mom and MIL this year! Both live in identical apartments, about an hour apart and while they have numbers on their front door, parking is more accessible at the back door and it is unlabeled. So, off to Hobby Lobby with an idea and small budget Abby and I went!


Abby selected the green and white gerber bushel for my MIL and I based the wreath off this Pinterest find. Abby was involved by painting the letter as well. She had lots of fun and was clearly proud to give her gifts. My Mom commented Abby is just as happy giving as receiving. That makes this Momma proud!

For my Mom, I used pinwheels shared in the tutorial earlier this month. She had no idea and I like that! She recently spray painted an old metal bench red, so I tried to add that into her wreath. 

I hope you all had a great day celebrating with your own Moms or kids!