Monday, May 7, 2012

Chuckwagon Casserole

I am a casserole girl- I will not deny it. I like to mix my meat, veggies and carb all together and cook them. Dinner in a big bowl is my favorite!

This Chuckwagon Casserole meets my requirements and tastes like chili and cornbread all mixed up!


Chuckwagon Casserole


1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) mild chili beans
3/4 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 t. salt
1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix (plus what it calls for)
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained

Preheat oven to 400.

Brown hamburger meat with onions and bell pepper. Drain.

Stir in beans, BBQ sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour into 9x9 casserole dish.

Prepare corn muffin mix according to directions and stir in canned corn.

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!