Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shocked I Never Blogged this Recipe

I was in 4-H growing up.... like really in 4-H. I had rabbits, sheep and goats. I did crafts, cooking, sewing, public speaking and more. I was involved in my chapter and my county. I was even the 1990 Hays Country Stock Show Queen. While the animal part didn't stay with me, this recipe sure did! 

I won a blue ribbon for my Tater Tot Casserole while in junior high. It is the first recipe I memorized and one of the first things I made for my husband when we were dating. I am shocked it wasn't one of the first I blogged about, too!

It is super easy, inexpensive, and kid-friendly! My daughter likes to stack the tatertots on top.


The finished product with melted cheese is picture perfect. This freezes well and makes a great dinner to take to new Moms. Enjoy!


Tater Tot Casserole
1# ground beef
1 can Veg-All (or another veggie you like)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
frozen tater tots
grated cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger meat and drain. Stir in veggies and cream of mushroom soup. Evenly place in casserole dish- smaller than a 13x9. Line the top with a single layer of tater tots. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Add cheddar on top and cook another 5 minutes. Enjoy!