Friday, April 20, 2012

Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies

While in LA on vacation a few weeks ago, my friend Katy and I had lunch at a place called Misfits in Santa Monica. It was an older office building with a really cool vibe. After lunch, they brought over chocolate chip cookies with our bill. Both Katy and I wanted more- they were so good!


Here is the thing- they were simple chocolate chip cookies with a special salt on top. It seemed to be a shaved sea salt. It was amazingly delicious!


I made my own version last night and they are almost as good! I bought plain generic chocolate chip cookie dough and then dipped the top of each cookie in fine sea salt. The great thing is that these are inexpensive and quick and people will think you made them homemade!

Yummy twist on a chocolate chip cookie!