Thursday, March 8, 2012

Seeded Glass Love

This is the light fixture in my powder room. The bulb and forsted glass came with the house and I have never thought of changing them. My house is only 4 years old, it isn't like they are bad and out of date. All that was true until I saw this post on Living with Lindsay.


I went to Lowe's the next day and purchased a seeded glass bulb cover and a vintage light bulb, called Edison style in Lindsay's post. They only had 1 cover in stock, so I bought it home and upon my husband's approval of the change, we went to another Lowe's to purchase the second one. The glass bulb cover is $6. What an amazing change for just $6!


The seeded glass is beautiful and vintage and shiny and bubbly and I love it!

The vintage bulbs are amazing! The glow in the bathroom is soft like a lamp is on. They cost about $8 each, but are said to last up to 3000 hours. They are also sold at Ballard Designs and Restoration Hardware for a little more.


What do you think? Do you love the impact it makes?


I plan to slowly change all of the frosted glass in our bathrooms to seeded glass. The Edison bulbs won't likely follow, but I do love them in my powder room!