Sunday, September 25, 2011

Handmade Bookmarks

Some friends and I just finished reading The Fitting Room by Kelly Minter. We met twice a month at Barnes and Noble to discuss the book, drink coffee, and share our lives with one another. The book breaks down Col 3:12 so I wanted to make everyone a small gift featuring the verse.
These bookmarks were super easy to make and cost me less than 50 cents each! I used my digital scrapbooking software to create the clothesline and typed in the verse. I then sized it for a bookmark and printed them out.
I used scrapbook paper scraps for the back side and glued them to the printed verses. I then hole punched each and took them to Kinkos to laminate. The inner geek in me would LOVE to own a big laminater! So much fun! They have clear envelopes sized 8.5x11, 8.5x14 and 11x17. You place your items inside and run them through a machine that takes care of it all. I think the biggest sheet is $5.99. I was able to fit all 10 bookmarks in a legal sized sheet.
Kinko's also has a big paper cutter for trimming your laminated sheets and a corner rounder on hand that you can use for no charge.
I added a simple piece of matching ribbon and voila! Easy and inexpensive bookmarks!