Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Great Coastal Design

My family recently spent a weekend on the Texas coast- in Corpus Christi. A hotel on Shoreline Drive was kind enough to host us for the weekend to show off their renovations. I love the coastal style they created.

It all plays off this view so nicely!
I stay in a lot of hotels and everyone has moved to the all white linens which I like. Nobody in my opinion has put this amount of color back into the bed. I love the aqua blanket at the foot of the bed and the corals with turquoise in the throw pillow.
The sink has been recovered in an aqua blue glass which matches the aqua coral patterned pillow on the khaki linen chair. They also kept it coastal with a sunburst mirror on the wall.

The elevator lobby on each floor featured these framed rope patterns. This would be such an easy DIY project for a beach house or a party theme.
Tell me- am I the only person inspired by hotel design?