Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Honey Bun Cake and Lemon Strawberry Shortcake

I had a fun-filled weekend with family this weekend. On Saturday, we had a family reunion with my Dad's side of the family and on Sunday, lunch with family on my Mom's side. I brought two new desserts to the weekend festivities. Brave, I know!

I had you lovely bloggers in mind- I wanted to share new recipes with you all and tested them on family. ha! Both were wonderful and I feel safe sharing them with you.

This is Honey Bun Cake and tastes just like Mrs. Baird's Honeybuns from the vending machine. It would also serve well as a coffee cake for a morning event due to the cinnamon content. It was super easy- using a yellow cake mix as the main base of the cake.
Printable recipe here

On Saturday, I took Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake Bars to the reunion and they were also yummy! The base has a strong shortbread taste with jam seperating the shortbread from the lemon cheesecake topping. Delish!

So good in fact, we are them before I remembered to capture a picture! Here is the printable recipe for it as well.