Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Baby Shower with Birdies

I co-hosted a baby shower earlier this month for my friend, Heidi. Heidi is a school teacher with a wonderful husband and is expecting her first child, Lily, next month. She is one of the good people of this world that you want to bless. We had a lovely brunch with friends and enjoyed seeing the wonderful things others blessed Heidi and Lilly with. Let's just say she is well loved and will be dressed in such cute things for months!

The other hostesses gave me full reign on decor, so I went with a spring-like birdie theme using many items I already own. I have blues and browns with birdies in my master bathroom.
I incorporated reds, browns, and aqua blues into the color palette. I hung moss balls from the lighting, used bird houses, robins' eggs and birds throughout the table decor. I just love brunch food- we had bagels with an amazing dip, coffee cake, fresh fruit, mini quiches, bacon appetizers, a veggie tray, and a meat and cheese tray. Oh, and a fresh strawberry cake from my friend Kelly at Billa Cakes. I just loved the fat bird and the dimensional nest on top. Kelly also made my daughter's first birthday cake and cookies for her second birthday.
Along with about 10 ladies at the shower, we had these two little girls! Aren't their squished up nose smiles the cutest? My daughter was at story time since I can't seem to manage hosting and parenting at the same time!
Congratulations Heidi on making it this far in the Texas heat and best wishes for a perfectly sweet little girl real soon!