Monday, April 11, 2011

He Is Risen Easter Banner

I love to decorate for the holidays. I work hard not to get caught up in the commercial aspects of Christmas and Easter. It is difficult- there just isn't much religious Easter items that are cute. I know there are girls out there that love trendy things and the Lord!

So, my church friends and I got together and made a He Is Risen banner for our homes. It is the perfect reminder of Easter and it looks good!
I pre-cut some of the paper and laid out all the supplies we would need. Crafting in bulk saves so much money- it was just $5 per person for a full banner!

The back cardboard colored sheets are 6" x 6". The printed paper is cut to be 5.5" square and the letters are on 4.25" square paper. We aged the edges with brown ink and used my handy Crop A Dile tool to attach eyelets in the holes where the ribbon is strung.

Along with crafting, we had dessert! I love entertaining just girls as it allows me to put out my pretty floral and girly decor! These cute napkins are at Target right now.
That cake may not look pretty, but it tastes good! It is the Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake for the cover of last month's Southern Living magazine.