Sunday, March 6, 2011

Candlestick Cake Stand

I love anything Cath Kidston. She is a London designer who uses lots of fun colors, like red and blue, and pretty roses with polka dots and stripes in her designs. When I saw her cake stand online, I knew I wanted one like it. It reminded me of the cake stands I had seen in bloggy land using candlesticks.
I had the idea in my mental Rolodex until I found the right plates. These rosy ones were found in a store while shopping in Fredericksburg. They are melamine and were under $10 for the three of them.
Using candlesticks I already owned and simple silicon glue from Hobby Lobby, I glued and stacked the plates letting them set for 24 hours.
Isn't it cute! Under $10 makes me even happier!
This will come in handy for the shabby chic baby shower I am working on for next month. It is a brunch shower, so these little plates will hold quiches, sausage balls, and doughnut holes perfectly!
Thank you Cath Kidston for the inspiration!

Linked to the Frugal Friday party at Shabby Nest