Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Favorites- Fav Person

I hope you are enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas Favorites!
Today I am leaving the shopping, cooking and craft projects behind to tell you about my favorite person- Abigayle Lucille. She is also known as Abby, Abby Lu, Abs, Toot, Punkin, and most recently Chica. She made me a Mommy almost 2 years ago and I will be forever grateful.
Abby is the result of a 4 year infertility battle, lots of prayers, and a successful IVF on our first try. My husband and I were married more than 9 years when she was born. I am very blessed to be married to a strong confident man who went through so much to be able to make us parents- from invasive surgery, to giving me daily shots, to allowing me to blog about it all on our family blog. He is my second favorite person ;)
Abby is a smart, kind, spunky, funny kid! She is will be 2 on December 29th and is almost potty trained, can count to 5, knows 10 colors, and can spell Abby, Dada, and Mama. She likes to beat box like Biz Markie and sings back-to-back Jesus Loves Me and Rock and Roll All Nite by Kiss like they are one song. She prefers to do all this while standing on top of the bathroom counter or kitchen table and dancing. Her new favorite word is "Hallelujah" and she proclaims it with such joy and always says it twice!
She makes me laugh, makes me act silly and makes me smile more than I ever have. I sing only for her and make up funny songs on top of that.
I am forever grateful for the gift of Motherhood and love spending time with my favorite person in the whole world.

If you are struggling with infertility, know that you are not alone. I'd be honored to pray for you or share more details about our journey. Just email me at annajenk@yahoo.com.