Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Boy Blue

One of my co-workers is expecting a baby boy in September and we showered her with love and gifts last week. I got the task of purchasing the joint gift. It allowed me to put together a basket of goodies which I love to do! Included in her basket were these Inchbug Rings. I have them for Abby Lu and just love them! They are like the rubber LiveSTRONG bracelets and have your childs' name pressed into them. They then fit around bottles, sippy cups, etc. for church, school, or playdates. We received them as a gift and bought a second set recently. Very inexpensive, too!
This little boy will have a rodeo/western nursery so my Mom and I made him a little blanket. It is brown minky on the back side. These are super simple blankets to make. We do a 1 yard by 1 yard square with minky on one side and printed cotton on the other. I found this fabric on etsy, but fabric.com has some great prints and a huge minky selection!

The new parents registered for a 10 pack of white bibs. I decided to add a letter "b" on two of them for fun. Just a little fabric scrap, some Steam-a-Seam and the sewing machine.

The rest of the items are fun things from Babies R Us and her registry. I was amazed at how much cute baby stuff they have coming out. The rolled up onesie in the front has a tractor on it! Plus, they had some really fun guitar and rocker type clothes in stock.

Happy Shopping!