Monday, July 5, 2010

Remember that Convincing I needed...

Remember back in May when I asked you to help my convince my husband I needed a new light fixture from Pottery Barn for our kitchen? Yea, I showed it to him and while he didn't love it, he didn't say no, so off I went to order it. And then, it was on back order for a good month. Then it shipped, got lost in the system and finally arrived on my doorstep. Now, it is up in my kitchen and worth the wait! This is my kitchen/ breakfast area with the recessed lighting which I love. However, with a light above the sink and a long bar I wanted something special here.
We bought a conversion kit at Lowe's which basically converted the can into a standard light frame so that your hardware will match up. It took less than an hour to convert.

The light fixture itself was super simple to install. Sometimes it pays to spend a little more and get real directions and simple steps already completed.

Close up with lights off and.....

... ta da! I love it! It gives a little separation of the space, but isn't overwhelming.


Close up of the new light on... this makes doing dishes in a much brighter space!

I saved the old can and guarantee you if I ever move, this is going with me!