Tuesday, July 27, 2010

$10 Table Makeover

Look at this table- I bought it for $10 at a garage sale. I wanted a small second table to serve as a nightstand in my guest bedroom and the double layer on this one was perfect.
The paint job on this was NOT perfect. It is like they laid a piece of lace on top and painted a second coat of silver. I mean really, it was bad.
This is the moment of any red paint job when you question your color. One coat of RED primer and I had a pink table. Knowing it is the same color as my recent dining room makeover gave me extra assurance it would be red eventually.
And woolah- it is red!
I love the scalloped detail along the edge. If I ever decide to use this in another room, I think it will be super cute for a little girl.
The double top makes is wonderful for practical items for our guests and fun decor items for ourselves.
I think our guest room is now complete!