Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Dining Room Reveal

This is my formal dinning room stripped down of all decor when I realized I needed a before picture! It is open on one side into my living room and is painted Crisp Khaki like the rest of my house. The chandelier came with the house and matches 2 other light fixtures in the adjacent hallway. The shades were added from Ballard Designs about a year ago as I began to bring in my favorite color- red!Hello Crushed Seed! This is my favorite red color made by Dutch Boy. I had it in my old kitchen and dining room and just loved it! It is such a bold color, but not race car or lipstick red. I went with a soft eggshell finish. This is with 2 coats of primer and one coat of paint... one coat to go!
Ta-Da! My new red dining room! This is the left wall when you enter the room. The two canvases read "Always Give Thanks" and "Count Your Blessings". Perfect sentiments for a dining room. I've had them for years and purchased them at Hobby Lobby for about $20 each. The small arch you see leads into our kitchen.

This is the right wall with my new Pottery Barn reclaimed wood flag. I happened to catch it on sale for less than $100. Score! I wanted something big and clean in this space and this was perfect. The drapes were part of the American Living collection from JC Penney and have since sold out. I have these drapes in my living room as well.

The buffet houses my placemats, napkins, table runners and coasters and is great display space. I have a vintage food scale, a few plates and napkins, an antique replica shadow box with a cross stitch patters and a lush ivy on a red tray.

On my table, I added a red striped runner from Pottery Barn that I have had for ages. It is topped with a vintage soda bottle crate from an antique store shopping trip with my girlfriends ages ago. Inside, I paired my grandmother's utensils with a wodden chicken, Pottery Barn pitcher and more cloth napkins.

Standing in the dining room, you can see into my living room. These rooms really coordinate now which I just love! I told my husband and our handyman that hardwood floors are next. We've been waiting for our daughter to get walking down before we harden the surface. Now, we just need to save a little money!