Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Decor: Outdoors and Entry

Hello and welcome to my home in the Texas hill country. This is our second year in our home, but I was 40 weeks pregnant last Christmas, do the decor was minimal. This year with a baby has been challenging and fun to decorate. On the long covered front porch, you'll find a fresh pine wreath, given to me each season by a hotel I work with, a 4 foot cashmere pine (Target), a sleigh of pine cones (Pier One) and this wooden Merry Christmas sign given to me from a college girlfriend a few years ago (Ross).
Come on in! This is the view from the front door.


All of the decor you see if from Hobby Lobby or various craft shows. I love shopping church bazaars, convention center shows, and outdoor craft fairs. Here is a close-up of Mr. Santa (Hobby Lobby). He is a good sturdy piece that can be indoors or outdoors.This display is to the right of the front door. It houses a bucket for my Christmas cards and the clothespins for my green shutter. I detailed how to make it here.

On the left of the front door is a ledge that houses half of my snow globe collection. When first married, I faced the "How will I decorate?" dilemma. I narrowed it down to a village or snow globes. Since my Mother has a village, I opted to collect snow globes. I begin collecting in 1999 when first married and have over 20 now. Some are gifts, some are after-Christmas finds, and some I just couldn't walk away from.

This is my new 2009 snow globe in honor of my new baby girl.
Once you take a few steps into the hall, you can see into the long entryway. My husband's office is on the right and the dining and living room are at the cross wall in the distance. Our entry is huge with 10 foot ceilings and more than 5 feet wide. Lots of room to decorate!
On the Singer sewing table above is this vintage Santa purchased in Round Top in 2008.

My childhood piano also in the entry houses the remainder of the snow globes. They sparkle at night with the lights on reflecting on the glass.

With the piano is my music stand that I really want to paint red soon! It is from Hobby Lobby years ago. I hang the holiday trumpet from it this time of year and add a garland spring that fell off.
For the month of December, the hymnal is turned to Christmas music. I don't know how I got a church hymnal. When I took my piano from my parents house about 5 years ago, it was in the piano bench with other musical guides. I pray it wasn't accidentally taken and never returned!
Thanks for joining me in the holiday entryway decor! Coming up, living, dining, bedrooms and my trees!