Monday, October 26, 2009

For the Love of Applique

Having a baby girl opened up a whole new world of fun things to me- printed tights, hair bows of many layers both big and really big, the 27 shades of pink I had previously never worn, monogramming, and applique. Oh how I love applique!
This is my daughter's Easter dress. My favorite dress maker I found on eBay, lets you customize everything- I was sent an email with lots of Easter options- an egg, a rabbit or a number of flowers. After selecting the daisy, I selected the gingham color, the monogram, the color thread and the font. You can't personalize this dress much more!I looked all over Ebay and Etsy for a Thanksgiving dress and couldn't find what I wanted. There are lots of pumpkin and turkey dresses, but I wanted pie! Isn't pie the best part of Thanksgiving anyway? Look at this marvelous creation my dress lady made!Again, I customized each piece- we went with orange pumpkin pie, brown gingham and "Thankful" instead of my daughter's name so I could pass this precious dress onto another child. I honestly could not love it more. And, get this, I don't have the dress yet. I was emailed the pictures before it went into the mail. And, she made it and mailed it within 2 days of me buying it. Oh, and one more thing, less than $30. I know- amazing!
If you want her information, leave me a comment with your email and I'll send it to you.
I don't want to post it here without her permission!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Hi Anna! I would love to have this lady's information :) One of these days you and I will have to meet haha! Now that we found out we're having a girl I'm having sooo much fun looking at all the girly stuff :) my email is colleenrhea@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the thanksgiving dress...very unique. I enjoy seeing all of your craft ideas on your site! Will you please email me your ebay lady?! :)
aprilleanne@hotmail.com

Cathy said...

Does she do anything for boys? I'm a pretty simple person, you know, but I want to see more options than polos and sweater vests...
CPY

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Your blog is simply amazing! I found your link through A Soft Place to Land last week and have been addicted to your site ever since. Hard to believe that so many different and absolutely wonderful blogs link up in one place every week.

I have so much to learn. :)

-Francesca

Tabriah said...

Hey Anna, I totally want her info...you know my email, send it over, please. :)

Love the ribbons and the pie!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I'm with cathy ... I love all your girly options!! What about for little boy!?

Heather Mason said...

Hi Anna, Could you please send me your dress lady's information? Does she have a website?

Thanks again! ~Heather

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover